Table of Contents
The integration of virtual assistants with various devices has paved the way for new possibilities. This article dives into the specific usage of Amazon Alexa with PlayStation 4 (PS4), highlighting various aspects such as connecting Alexa as an audio device, the functions Alexa can perform with PS4, and a discussion about using USB speakers with PS4.
Connecting Alexa as a Speaker for PS4
- PS4 Settings Configuration:
- Navigate to PS4 settings.
- Go to
Devices > Audio Devices.
- Ensure the audio output is set to headset connected to the controller.
- If the audio is not playing, unplug the dongle and let PS4 and dot drop it.
- Plug it back in. If there is still no sound, go into Alexa and forget the device.
- Audio Output on PS4:
- The PS4 automatically outputs sound via HDMI.
- Normally, it is unnecessary to adjust these settings.
- For AV amplifiers or home theater connections, manually change the audio output setting through the PS4’s digital out optical port.
What Can Alexa Do with PS4
Amazon’s Alexa is a versatile tool, especially when paired with the Echo or Echo Dot. Below are the functions it can perform with PS4:
- Music and Entertainment:
- Play music.
- Provide weather updates.
- Answer questions.
- Control lights and thermostats.
- Order from Amazon.
- Home Theater Equipment:
- Turn on your TV, Xbox One, PS4, or other home theater equipment.
Using USB Speakers on PS4
Using USB speakers on PS4 is more complex due to its unique OS and ecosystem. If USB speakers don’t work, adding a driver to the PS4 is not an option. The only solution might be piping the PS4 audio to a PC that can then push the audio to USB, a solution that may be impractical for most users. It’s typically recommended to use RCA or 3.5mm adapters instead.
Subscribe for More
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Entertainment·WHYS channel for more videos related to this topic.