In a recent update, Amazon has simplified the process of clearing cache on Firestick. Not only has it become easier to clear cache from individual apps, but now, there is also a one-click solution to delete all cache from all apps. This article will detail the steps involved, the resources needed, and why this update is so important for Firestick users.
Simplifying Cache Cleanup
Amazon’s latest update brings about an easier method to clear cache from Firestick apps. With the new shortcut, all users have to do is highlight the app and click the rewind button on the remote. This significant improvement in user experience allows for quick repetition across multiple apps.
However, for those with many apps, the desire for an even quicker solution remained. This led to the development of a one-click application for cache cleanup, making the process faster and more efficient for Firestick users.
A One-Click Solution
The one-click cache cleanup is now possible thanks to a solo application developed by TD UK, a well-known figure in the tech community. This application is available from the Amazon App Store and can be installed by searching for TDUK. However, there are essential points to consider:
- Compatibility: The application only works with Fire OS 7 devices like Fire TV Stick 4K Max, Fire Cube second generation, Fire TV Stick HD, and Fire TV Stick Lite.
- Cost: The application is not available for free and costs £1 in the UK (prices may vary by location).
Although not a solution for everyone, it offers a unique and simplified way of handling cache on Firestick. Those looking for free alternatives might have to wait for future releases.
Step by Step Process
- Enable ADB Debugging: Navigate to Settings > My Fire TV > Developer Options and click ADB Debugging to turn it on.
- Open the Cache Cleaner: Navigate to your apps and open the cache cleaner.
- Connect: Follow the on-screen instructions to connect.
- Clear Cache or Cache and Reboot: Choose the desired option, either clear cache only or clear cache and reboot (recommended).
- Success: A confirmation at the bottom of the screen will show that the command was sent successfully.
The process is straightforward and highly efficient, taking less than three seconds to clear all app caches.
- Firestick Remote: Utilized in the new shortcut to clear cache.
- TDUK App: A paid application developed to clear cache in just one click.
Clearing cache on Firestick has never been easier with Amazon’s latest update and the new TDUK one-click application. This streamlined process not only improves the user experience but also contributes to better device performance.
For those interested in the details and additional insights, related videos and links are available in the description below..