Table of Contents
Recording videos on Mac with an external camera can be a handy tool for gamers, YouTubers, and even professionals who need to put a face to their product. Lewis T from the channel “Lewis T” brings us a simple guide on how to screen and webcam record simultaneously on a MacBook. The following guide, inspired by his video, will detail the steps, key points, and resources used for this process.
- Ease of Access: This method is very user-friendly, enabling users to record their screen and face at the same time with just a few steps.
- QuickTime Player: The process uses QuickTime Player, a built-in application on Mac, for movie recording.
- Customization: Users can control where and how the movie dialog box appears on their screen.
- Versatility: It’s an ideal tool for various applications, such as gameplay recording or YouTube video creation.
Step by Step Process
Step 1: Open QuickTime Player
Open QuickTime Player on your Mac. This application will allow you to screen and movie record simultaneously.
Step 2: Select Movie Recording
Navigate to the top bar and select
File > New Movie Recording. This will bring up a dialog box where you can control what you wish to record.
Step 3: Position the Recording Box
You can click and drag the box to the desired location and adjust the size. Position it in the corner or wherever suits your needs.
Step 4: Set the Box to Float
View > Float on Top. This ensures that the movie recording dialog box stays on top of whatever you are recording.
Step 5: Start Screen Recording
Go back to
File > New Screen Recording. Since the video creator was already recording, he didn’t perform this action, but this is where you will initiate the screen recording.
Step 6: Record Your Content
You can now record gameplay, YouTube videos, or anything else you like. The movie box will float on top, providing a personal touch to your content.
- QuickTime Player: A multimedia application developed by Apple, allowing Mac users to play, record, edit, and share audio and video files. In this tutorial, it’s used to create a screen and movie recording simultaneously.
- Lewis T’s Additional Tutorial: Lewis T also mentioned another tutorial on how to screen record, and he has provided a link in the description of his original video.
Learning how to record video on Mac with an external camera is a straightforward and helpful skill. By using QuickTime Player and following the step-by-step guide above, anyone can add a personal touch to their digital content. If you found this guide useful, be sure to check out Lewis T’s channel for more tips and tutorials. Happy recording!