Having trouble starting your Chrysler 200 because the key fob cannot be found? This can be frustrating, especially if you’re in a hurry or have important places to be. In this article, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to start your Chrysler 200 with a dead key fob. We will also discuss the potential reasons for this issue and offer some suggestions to resolve it.
- The key fob not found message: When you try to start your Chrysler 200 and receive a “key fob not found” message, it can be perplexing, especially if you can still perform other functions like unlocking the car.
- Possible battery issue: Although you believe the key fob battery is not the problem because it is new, it is still worth considering as a potential cause.
- Antenna location: A helpful YouTube video suggests that the key fob antenna may be located at the bottom of the car. Holding the key fob close to that antenna while pressing the brake pedal and the start button can magically start the car.
- Bad antenna: If the “key fob not found” issue persists, it could indicate a faulty antenna. In this case, changing the antenna is recommended.
Step 1: Attempt the trick
- Keep your foot on the brake and place the key fob close to the antenna located at the bottom of the car.
- Press the start button and see if the car starts. This trick has been successful for some users.
Step 2: Confirm battery status
- If the car still doesn’t start, check the battery of the key fob to ensure it is not dead. Even though it may be a new battery, it’s possible that it is faulty or not properly installed.
- Replace the battery with a new one if necessary.
Step 3: Verify antenna location and condition
- If the battery is not the issue, consider the possibility of a faulty antenna.
- Watch videos or consult a dealership to determine the precise location of the key fob antenna in your Chrysler 200.
- If the antenna is indeed located at the bottom of the car, it may need to be replaced.
Step 4: Seek professional assistance
- If the above steps do not solve the problem, it is advisable to consult a professional or visit a dealership.
- They can examine the key fob and the car’s system to identify and resolve the issue.
Experiencing difficulties starting your Chrysler 200 due to a key fob that cannot be found can be frustrating. Following the steps outlined above can potentially help you resolve this problem. If the issue persists, it is recommended to seek assistance from a professional. Remember, it is essential to check the battery, verify the antenna location, and explore all possible solutions before resorting to an expensive key replacement.