When your Roku remote’s power and volume buttons aren’t working, it can be a real nuisance. But don’t worry, the process to get them functioning again isn’t as complicated as you might think. Here’s a step-by-step guide based on the How To Tech YouTube video titled “Roku Remote Power and Volume Setup – Volume Not Working – Power Button Not Working Instructions Help.”
- Accessing Settings: Navigate to the settings to start the remote setup process.
- Remote Selection: Choose the existing remote or set up a new device if needed.
- Remote Setup: Use the on-screen instructions to set up the remote for TV control.
- Volume Check: Listen for music to ensure the correct TV code is selected.
- Code Matching: Go through different codes to find the one that pairs with your Roku remote.
- Confirmation: Confirm when the music stops, indicating a successful setup.
1. Access Settings
- Use the Roku remote to navigate to the home page.
- Go down to the “Settings” menu.
- Select “Remotes and Devices” and then “Remotes.”
2. Choose the Remote
- If you have an already paired remote, find it in the “Remotes” area.
- For a new Roku remote, click on “Set up a new device.”
3. Setup for TV Control
- Click “Setup remote for TV control” and press OK.
- Ensure the TV volume is turned up to hear the music playing.
- Click “Yes” if music is playing; otherwise, click “No.”
4. Select the Correct Code
- The system will try different TV codes.
- Click “No” if the music continues playing through codes 1 to 6 (or more, if necessary).
- Click “Yes” when the music stops at the correct code (e.g., code 7).
5. Confirm Success
- A message will appear confirming that your Roku remote is set up to control the TV’s power and volume.
- Test the volume and power buttons to ensure they are working.
- Click “OK” and return to the home page.
- Roku Remote: This is the tool used to control your Roku streaming player, allowing you to manipulate volume, power, and other functionalities.
- TV Codes: Different codes correspond to different TV models; these are cycled through to find the one that pairs with your Roku remote.
The Roku remote app’s volume and power button issues can be frustrating, but with the above step-by-step guide, you can quickly troubleshoot the problem and enjoy your viewing experience. Consider subscribing to How To Tech for more valuable tutorials and insights.
Note: Always remember to adhere to the precise instructions as shown on your TV during the setup process. The above guide is a general walkthrough based on a specific YouTube tutorial.